Roquefort Stuffed Burgers
If you love blue cheese, you will love these burgers stuffed with Roquefort cheese. They are absolutely delicious as you get a great taste of oozing blue cheese in every mouthful. Ideal recipe for a summer barbecue!
Prep time: 10 minutes (1-2 hours chill time)
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
150g Roquefort cheese, crumbled
200g unsalted butter, softened
Small handful fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1kg minced beef
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 egg yolks,
Freshly ground salt and pepper
Vegetable oil for brushing
6 rolls of your choice, split (I used brioche)
4 tomatoes, sliced
1. In a bowl, mix together the cheese, butter and fresh parsley. Cut a sheet of cling film and add the cheese to form a cylinder about 4-5 cm in diameter. Roll in the cling film to make a sausage shape and place in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
2. In a large bowl mix together all the remaining ingredients and season. Divide into 12 evenly sized patties.
3. Remove the cheese roll from the freezer and allow to soften slightly and slice into 6 even slices.
4. Add a slice of cheese to 6 of the patties and then top with the remaining patties. Pinch the sides to make sure the cheese is fully encased. Place in the fridge until you are ready to cook.
5. Now brush the patties with a little oil. Heat a chargrill or pan grill, when smoking hot cook the burgers for 4-5 minutes on each side.
6. To build the burger place slices of tomatoes on a slightly grilled roll, add the burger and top with a small handful of rocket leaves, serve. Enjoy!